Shop By Manufacturer
Small Animal Toys for Guinea Pigs and Hamsters
Find the best small animal toys available.
Choose the best small animal toys to keep your hamster or guinea pig entertained
Once you have decided to get a small animal for a pet, you will have to provide for both its physical and mental well being. Pets love attention, but you may not always be up to playing with them. That is why, it is necessary to buy small animal toys. These small animal toys are creature specific and are constructed just in the way to keep your pet entertained for hours. Let your hamster or your mice play with these small animal toys and you will end up having a happy, healthy and active pet on your hands.
Different types of small animal toys
While some toys are universally appreciated, you can get specific small animal toys depending on your pet. Here are some examples:
· There are many different hamster toys available in the market. Hamsters are highly active creatures and they love playing with the different hamster toys like hamster play balls and wheels. Hamster balls come in different sizes with holes cut in them. You should also include hamster toys on which your pet can climb or hide in. finally, mazes make great hamster toys. Wheels are necessary to keep your hamster healthy.
· If you have a ferret, you can get many different types of ferret toys to keep your little friend active and interested. Balls and other noisy objects as well as rattles and teething rings make great ferret toys. If you are looking for an inexpensive option, you can use cardboard boxes as ferret toys. On the other hand play tents and houses may be somewhat costlier option. Finally, hummocks make great ferret toys as well as place to relax.
· If you are looking for guinea pig toys, be sure to choose objects like willow balls and log cabins which guinea pigs love to explore.
· Several types of toys for pet mice are used to keep these curious and active creatures occupied. They range from the simple rolling ball to the much more elaborate digging tower which comes equipped with slides and tunnels. Chewbular play tube make great toys for pet mice.
· If you are looking for gerbil toys then opt for something which they can climb or hide in. Gerbil toys also include Chewbular tubes, dust baths and places to dig in.
· Whatever type of pet you have, small animal exercise wheels can come in very handy. These small animal exercise wheels come in different shapes and sizes. The traditional wire mesh small animal exercise wheel is the most common, but you can choose from the safer and latest designs suited for your particular pet. The Wodent wheel is thought to be one of the best small animal toys in the market.
How to choose small animal toys
· Get the particular small animal toy made for your pet.
· Be sure to get the silent small animal exercise wheel because your pet generally loves to run at night.
· Safety is a very important concern. Your pet should not get stuck or catch his tail or paw in any crevice. Avoid small plastic parts which can cause him to choke.
· Finally, replace any toy which is frayed or is disintegrating.