» Small Animal
Accessories for a small animal
Small animal accessories that you must have for your pet
Keeping a pet implies that you are completely responsible for its physical and emotional well being. So, if you want a happy and healthy pet, you will need something more than a cage and the food. There are several small animal accessories available in the market which are crafted keeping the needs of your little furry friends in mind. Whether you have a hamster or a ferret, whether you need to provide for their entertainment or travel, there is an accessory to fulfill your purpose.
Find the best small animal accessories.
Some common small animal accessories that you may need
Here are a few examples of the small animal accessories that you may find handy:
• Hamster is one of the most popular pets and you can find many hamster accessories and toys in the market. The feeder and the water bottle are the most important hamster accessories that you should buy. You should also invest in a soundless running wheel for your hamster. Hidey holes are another hamster accessory that your pet will love. Since hamsters love to burrow, choosing the proper bedding for hamster cage is an important task. Avoid paper with ink on it, fabrics or wood like pine or cedar which will be poisonous. Instead, shavings of aspen and a cellulose based product manufactured for this specific purpose are suitable bedding for hamster cage.
• Gerbil accessories like the water bottles and food dishes should be cleaned regularly. These creatures love to play. So, other gerbil accessories include chew toys, hidey holes and mazes. You can even make simple gerbil accessories at home by joining together PVC pipes or getting the cardboard roll inside toilet paper for your pet.
• Main guinea pig accessories are the food bowl, the water bottle and the hay rack. The bottle should be leak proof while the food dish should be heavy and big enough to allow them to eat together. Hay rack may be a difficult guinea pig accessory to locate. You may also get hidey holes and tunnels from specialized pet products store. In addition, you are going to require different grooming products for guinea pigs like brushes to comb out their fur, sprays to reduce odor and supplements which make their coat shiny. Finally, if you need to carry your guinea pig, you get a travel carrier for guinea pigs. It should be well ventilated and provide enough space for your pet to be comfortable.
• Mice accessories include the food and water dispensers and several mice toys like balls, wheels and Chewbular tubes.
• Ferret accessories like hummocks, balls, chew toys and play houses are some of the things that you will need for your pet. A soft sided carrier for ferrets is necessary for visits to the vet. But, if you are planning to take your ferret on trips, you will need the hard plastic and wire ferret travel carrier.
Consider safety while buying small animal accessories
The most important consideration is safety. So, make sure that you do not accidentally put inked paper or cedar shavings (which are poisonous) in your bedding for hamster or use small animal accessories which can break off and create a choking hazard.