Shop By Manufacturer
Tortoise supplies, hermit crabs, geckos and bearded dragons reptile accessories
Find the best reptile accessories including tortoise supplies, hermit crabs, geckos and bearded dragons reptile accessories.
If you want to truly enjoy the beauty of your reptile pet and keep him healthy and happy, you are going to require many different reptile accessories to decorate your cage. While some of these are just for looking pretty, many of the reptile accessories have practical utilities also.
What reptile accessories do you require for your pet?
All animals thrive best if they are kept in an environment as similar as possible to their natural habitat. Another very important point to remember is that reptiles and amphibians are cold blooded animals. Hence proper lighting for reptile cage is necessary to provide them with the heat and light they need to maintain their physical cycles.
Choosing the proper reptile accessory
Here are some reptile accessories that will help to beautify the cage and also provide practical utility:
· You need to find information about the natural habitat of your pet. Then, you can include reptile accessories that most closely mimic that natural environment. Terrarium plastic and silk plants are generally much sought after.
· Substrata are an important part of the habitat and can serve as cage décor for reptiles also. Most reptiles love to bury into the substrata. So, they should be of sufficient depth. Reptiles which come from a desert ecosystem love sands and rocks. Another necessary reptile accessory is the bedding material. Calcium sand or reptile barks are ideal for the purpose.
· If you have an arboreal reptile, your cage décor for reptile has to include branches which allow your pet to climb and rest.
· One important reptile accessory is the hide box. It allows your pet to go to a secluded area when it is resting or molting. They can come in many different interesting shapes, making beautiful cage décor for reptile.
· Food and water dishes are other important reptile accessories. Some snakes like to immerse themselves in water. So, you should choose the size accordingly. Food and water dishes should not be placed directly below the branches for the climbing reptiles because droppings can fall in the food.
· You can add different décor for reptile keeping in mind the natural habitat of your pet. However, take care that the reptile cage can be cleaned periodically.
Lighting for reptile cage
One very important consideration for setting up your reptile cage is the lighting. Reptiles and amphibians are cold blooded and so the source of heat and light plays an important role in their physiology. Several types of lighting for reptile cage are available. Be sure to install a thermostat and a rheostat to regulate the environment of the cage.
· Heat mats, heat pads and radiant heat panels are important reptile accessories as they help to maintain the temperature of your reptile cage.
· Lights like daylight bulbs and basking lights perform the same function as the sun. Make sure that these lighting for reptile cage supply UVA and UVB radiation which are essential for the health of the pet.
· Infrared bulbs and moonlights help to maintain the heat cycle inside the reptile cage.