Shop By Manufacturer
Food For fish and automatic feeders for fish
Get the proper fish food for your finned friends
Only the best fish food and feeders for your school of fish.
Types of fish foods
When you are searching for fish foods, you will be able to get many different choices. These are:
· Fish, like animals, can be herbivores, carnivores or omnivores. You should know the feeding habits of your pet fish before you buy the food for it.
· Live foods for fish are difficult to obtain but they definitely add variety to the diet. Mosquito larvae, live brine shrimp and live worms are some types of fish foods. If you are feeding live worms to your fish, you should clean them thoroughly, and even then, there remains the possibility of bacterial infections.
· According to many pet fish owners, the freeze dried fish food is the best choice for feeding your fish. These are live food which are now dead and then have been baked. Freeze dried fish food are sterile and carry almost no risk of infection. Common freeze dried fish food includes freeze dried bloodworms and freeze dried brine shrimps.
· Since goldfishes are one of the most common aquatic pets, you should know what to feed your goldfish. Traditionally, goldfish flakes are most recommended. Goldfish flakes are popular because they are inexpensive, easily available and they provide balanced nutrition for your fish. However, it is a good idea to add variety to goldfish foods, especially vegetable and plant matters. You can give different fruits and veggies as goldfish food provided they are soaked first to make them soft. Pellets are another common type of goldfish food and they too need to be softened.
· Have you gone for the exotic and chosen to adopt a betta? The best betta food is mosquito larva, but it is difficult to find it on a regular basis. Brine shrimp is another favorite betta food but it does not come cheap. It is better to opt for freeze dried fish food for your betta because they are sterile as well as nutritious. You can sometimes get live betta food to add variety.
· Finally, tropical fish food includes flakes, pellets, frozen and freeze dried fish food which is especially prepared for the tropical species.
A word of caution
It is necessary to educate yourself about the dietary habits of the particular species before you can try fish food. The aquatic ecosystem also plays a deciding role. Finally, always remove uneaten food; otherwise it will lead to germ buildup and affect the health of your fish.