Shop By Manufacturer
Toys For Birds
Choose bird toys to keep your pet happy
Find the best bird toys available.
Different types of bird toys
The pet market is actually flooded with different types of bird toys. Here are some of the more popular ones that you can try:
· If you are looking for parakeet cage toys, you have three options. Action toys like ladder toys for birds are ideal parakeet cage toys because they love climbing these. Another category of parakeet cage toys that you must provide are the shredding toys – especially for the females. You can use things like Popsicle sticks, cardboard, wicker box and paper for the purpose. Finally, parakeets also enjoy foraging for food and you can provide foraging toys by putting seeds and crumpled paper in a roll of toilet paper.
· The most important toys for parrots are swings and perches, mostly positioned in the upper part of the cage. You can arrange them in the form of stairs also. Other toys for parrots include the chewable toys on which they can file their beaks.
· Your pet will probably love the bell bird toys because most birds enjoy making noise. You can buy specially designed bell bird toys of stainless steel which comes with a single clapper. The cylindrical bell bird toy will probably last somewhat longer. You can also go for the pricier music box where different melodies are heard when the bird presses a button.
· Mirrors for pet birds made up of acrylic or steel are another category of bird toys. The bird sees its reflection and considers him a friend. So, he can spend hours talking to the mirrors for pet birds. They will demand less attention from you.
The need for bird toys and criteria of selection
Why should you get bird toys and how should you choose?
· Bird toys relieve the boredom of your pet, taking care of his needs for climbing, preening, foraging and socializing. They keep the beaks, the wings, the feet and the mind well exercised.
· The size of the bird, the species and the availability of space will determine your choice of bird toys. Toys for parrots should include swings and perches. Cockatiels love ladder toys for birds and most birds love bell bird toys.
· While mirrors for pet birds are popular, you should not get one if you are trying to teach your pet to talk. He will ignore you in favor of his reflection.
· Finally, the size of the bird toys should be compatible with the size of your pet birds. It is better to provide him with different bird toys so that he can exercise some control over his choice.